About Doctor Mary Jayne Rogers
Recognized as an industry innovator and pioneer, Exercise Physiologist, Mary Jayne Rogers is a 30+ year veteran of the Health and Wellness Industry. Dr. Rogers is a leading programmer, presenter, writer, and recipient of several industry accolades including the international IHRSA/CYBEX Fitness Director of the Year Award and the IHRSA/Keiser 50+ Award for excellence in Mature Adult Programming. As a wellness authority, Dr. Mary Jayne provides expert commentary for radio, television, and publications such as Shape and SELF magazines and the Wall Street Journal.
Dr. Rogers brings multi-dimensional health and wellness experiences to a variety of educational settings with a welcoming and genuine teaching style. As an educator, Dr. Rogers is known for her ability to break down complicated information in order to provide a memorable learning experience.
Mary Jayne is a Faculty member of the American Council on Exercise (ACE), participates on the ACE Exam Development Committee, has served as a reviewer for the ACE-Certified Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Manual and serves as an ACE Media Spokesperson. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Teacher.
Dr. Mary Jayne Rogers is an Exercise Physiologist specializing in whole-person wellness and fitness education and instruction. As an educator, Mary Jayne brings multi- dimensional wellness and fitness experiences along with a welcoming and genuine teaching style to inspire students and wellness enthusiasts of all ages. Dr. Rogers is the owner of Profound Wellness LLC.
“We relied on Mary Jayne as an integral part of our public relations programming. Her expertise as well as on-air persona projected professionalism along with a warm and welcoming style. Her numerous appearances on both commercial programming as well as local news and radio broadcasts provided a "face" to our business.” Scott Garrett, Owner – New Mexico Sports & Wellness
“Doctor Mary Jayne is a wealth of knowledge, has incredible insight in the areas of health, fitness and body, mind and spirit connections and knows how to weave them all together. I first saw her on local television news, speaking about health and fitness and I was blown away by her ease and confidence in front of the camera. I knew the first time I saw her, I wanted to know her and learn from her.” Leah Johnson - Massage Therapist
Radio & Television Interview and Appearances
- World Class Rock 104.1FM Weekly Wellness Interview 2004
- Regular appearances on Dr. Barry Ramo’s “Healthbeat”, (KOAT/ABC), number one rated news program in NM 1994-2005
- Margaret Chavez Show Summer 1996 & 1997
- Host of NMSW Community Channel Fitness Program (16) airings Mike Roberts KOB-AM
- Henry Taffoya KQEO-AM
- Suzanne Bernadette KDEF-AM
- Suzanne Bernadette KMGA-FM
- Dave Scott KOOL-FM
Segment Ideas & Interview Topics:
With over two thirds of Americans overweight or obese:
- As parents how can we address healthy eating and exercise choices for our kids?
- What can we expect with regard to the future health of our nation? What about the “gluten-free” hype? Does this apply to children?
Setting Goals and Making Resolutions:
- Do resolutions work?
- Are there techniques to ensure long-term success?
- Should women exercise during pregnancy? If so how much and what types of exercise are best?
Movement as Therapy:
- Moving mediation Depression Stress
Exercise and the Older Adult:
- How do exercise and healthy nutrition help improve the aging process?
- Finding the balance inside our bodies to facilitate balance in daily living.
- Mortality versus Moribity – The difference between dying and dying well.
- Honest conversations about living long and living well.
Can exercise improve your sex life? If so what exercises are best?
Can sex improve your life?
What is the “Core” and how do I find it?
- Everyone is talking about the “core”. Are you really working it doing all those ßcrunches?
Being the best you can be through illness and disability:
- Can exercise help? If so how? Chronic pain
- Orthopedic Issues
Are Fit and Fat mutually exclusive?
- Can overweight people be fit?
Press Resources (downloadable):
- Download Press Release (pdf ~ 350KB) (pdf)
- Publicity Photograph (large JPG 1024 × 1539 234KB)
- Publicity Picture Medium (JPG 500 × 596 59KB)
- Publicity Picture Small (JPG 200x200 15KB)
- All PR Items in a zip file (Zip 634KB)